About the Retreat
This is a boutique and intimate experience with a group size of just 6 to 12 guests that allows optimal individual attention and teaching.
We have exclusive use of the private Villa San Rocco, set in a mountain village high above Bagni di Lucca. There you can participate in workshops in a relaxed and inspiring environment.
Your Retreat includes a day in Florence with a visit to a major gallery where Peter Wegner will give talks on selected works.
Who is this retreat for?
For anyone interested in drawing and works on paper. You have an excellent opportunity to hone existing skills or develop new skills under the guidance of a highly skilled artist.
Suitable for solo travellers or those travelling with a partner or friend.
Non-practicing guests are also very welcome and can join the group in some activities if they choose.
Eight Masterclasses with Peter Wegner covering:
Accommodation at the private and exclusive 17th century Villa San Rocco for the duration of the retreat. This Baroque era villa has been lovingly restored to retain authenticity while still providing modern conveniences.
Each bedroom has its own bathroom or en suite. All bedrooms are doubles and there are two twin rooms. Free and secure WiFi is available to guests. All linens are provided. Use of a laundry facilities is available.
* Daily Italian style breakfast buffet
* Prepared lunches each day at the villa, except day/s off or day away at a
* Nightly dinners at the villa and local restaurants
Any special dietary requirements can readily be catered for. A fabulous local cook prepares meals using beautiful regional produce.
Off site plein air locations and a day in Florence with a visit to a major gallery where Peter Wegner will give talks on selected works.
Transfers from and to Lucca train station on arrival and departure days.
Transport to other locations by car, minibus or train.
* On arrival, settle in to your home for the next 12 days. Get to know your
fellow artists and the retreat team over welcome drinks and dinner.
* Each day will start with an Italian style buffet breakfast in the dining room.
* A three hour workshop in the morning
* Lunch at the villa – usually outdoors under the canopy
* Free afternoons. You can continue drawing or painting, relax at the villa, go
for a walk and explore the gorgeous landscape, have a vino down the hill,
read a book, snooze, contemplate world peace…
* Dinner at the villa or at a local restaurant accompanied by stories galore;
some true, some embellished!
* On the two days off, breakfast and dinner are provided however lunch is up
to you as most people tend to go out for the day.
Click here to see itinerary details
Your Retreat Team
Peter Wegner – Teaching artist
Jonny – Villa owner and host
Franca – Fabulous cook
Sana – Retreat organiser
Retreat details at a glance
Dates: 12 September to 23 September 2019
Duration: 12 days / 11 nights inclusive of arrival and departure days
Location: Tuscany, Italy
Image: Peter Wegner, 2016, “Tuscan Landscape“, watercolour and pencil on paper.